Monday, December 14, 2015

"All I Want For Christmas Is A Goat"

The Worst Christmas Record Ever is back on-line. As well it should be.

And I thought that my beloved pot-bellied pigs Christmas album was the nuttiest sampled- animal- sound-fx Christmas album, a cherished tradition going back to Don Carlos' Singing Dogs in the 1950s. But this one just might beat 'em all. Goats! The silly Swedes behind this album chose very traditional, usually religious songs, and perform them with straight-faced solemnity. The contrast between these o holy nights and the goats' unholy screams is the funniest, flat-out weirdest holiday novelty I've heard in a while.

I'm not posting the album cuz it's brand new and the proceeds go to charity (Yes! buying weird music is finally tax-deductible!), so do the right thing and get it here:

"All I Want For Christmas Is A Goat" (or any number of other places, iTunes, etc.)


3 comments:

Mike O'Donnell said...

Hey, you're supposed to help me avoid paying for music, not showing me things I can't resist buying. I'm pretty sure those are real goat sounds, but they sound remarkably human. Perhaps we flatter ourselves that we evolved from great apes.

I'm sure that the Swedish intro track explains everything.

So, I had to buy ActionAid's other album: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QFL0FLM?ie=UTF8&keywords=Gli%20Allievi%20della%20Scuola%20di%20Canto%20Moderno%20Caliendo&qid=1450242208&ref_=sr_1_2&s=dmusic&sr=1-2-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0 which is Italian children singing pop stuff in good Italian and bad English, mostly in unison. Irresistible.

Mr Fab said...

Nice, thx for the tip on that other Actionaid album. And yes, I can vouch for the authenticity of those ghastly goat screams, as there are a number of youtube vids of goats in the wild doin their thing (Goats Gone Wild?)

Your usual downloading-for-cheapskates programming will resume shortly.

Bear From Delaware said...

That was so amazing, I bought it on Amazon.

Goats rule!!!