Wednesday, December 30, 2009

10th ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF THE WORLD

It's amazing how many books, videos, and audio tapes were rushed into print before the year 2000 to cash in on the Y2K fears. And I was also surprised to see how many were from a Christian perspective. I'm not sure how the fact that some computer programs only had space for two digits instead of four meant that the End Times were nigh, and I even listened to all of the two-cassette audio book I've posted here. But some of the most prominent Christian leaders in America such as Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson released Y2K merchandise.

These audio tapes feature dramatic! action! scenes! straight out of a disaster movie, as well as discussions on surviving the mayhem, and how YOU as a Christian can help in the coming crises.

Y2k: The Millennium Bug part 1
Y2k: The Millennium Bug part 2

Sadly, I do not have an audio version of this book - I just love the title:

3 comments:

J-Unit 1 said...

I love how oddly specific the governmental yearning for homicide is. I would write more, but I only had a yearning to write 70% of my originally planned comment...

Mr Fab said...

Ha! Yeah, how did the "Government" (which he puts in quotes for some reason) arrive at that precise 85% figure? Guess we'll have to read the book to find out...

bunnyman said...

It's after the end of the world! Don't you know that yet?