Wednesday, December 13, 2006

ERRYMAY RISTMASCHAY

It pains me to admit this but...I think DJ Riko might have more weird Christmas records then I do.

His annual
Merry Mixmas mixes are a beloved holiday tradition, and his latest might be my fave one yet, featuring songs like "Senor Santa Claus," one of those amazingly stereotypical Mexican "dialect" novelty records of the '50s (e.g.: "I theeenk").

Alongside favorites from the likes of Mark Mothersbaugh, The Partridge Family, and The Sonics, is a version of Jingle Bells sung in Pig Latin. Apparently it's from a whole album of Pig Latin Xmas songs, but I couldn't find any info about it on the web. Riko kindly sent me this song, though, claiming it's the best thing on the album:

"A Pig Latin Christmas" - "Inglejay Ellsbay"

And don't forget: The King of Jingaling and his elves are back in action over at:
Falalalala, for all your rare and unusual Christmas music needs.



Thanks to DJ Riko!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG that is awesomay! Thanks for sharing it.