Monday, October 17, 2005

BAD RELIGION prt2: APOLOGETIX

Although they claim they get some criticism from Christians who think all rock music is the devil's, The ApologetiX nonetheless take secular pop songs and inject a Christian message into them, with sometimes amusing results, as in this reworking of the Beatles' "Love Me Do":

ApologetiX: "Love The Jews" Don't be surprised if you find yourself walking around singing this. Though you may get odd looks.

Other titles: "Baa! We're Lambs" (The Beach Boys' "Barbara Ann"), "The Real Sin Saviour" (eminem's "The Real Slim Shady"), and - one of my faves - The Romantic's "What I Like About You" becomes..."God I Like About You." And guess which Guns'n'Roses song became "Verynice City."

3 comments:

Mr Fab said...

" the Buttonhole Surfers"
Ha haa!

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or does it actually sound more like they're saying "love the juice"? Does God condone steroid use, or is he just a big OJ fan?

Anonymous said...

Cripes, I remember seeing these guys on the drama series "His Place" on the local member suported (ain't they all) Christian channel. Nice enough guys, I guess, though their parodied lyrics struck me as lackluster. (I.E. "Will you still call me Superman - "Will you still call me through the sands" / "All the small things" - "All the stalls stink"). But if you want a Christian Weird Al (and don't we all), they're the only game in town.