Tuesday, April 26, 2005

JOHN LENNON'S NEW SONGS FROM HEAVEN

Linda and Gerald Polley are a middle-aged couple with their own religion, Spiritism. They're from North Dakota, a part of the world not known for new music - until the spirit of John Lennon contacted them. John is still writing songs that the Polleys channel, then record at home, singing and performing on portable keyboards. The once-famously peaceful and broad-minded former Beatle now writes songs (sometimes in collaboration with J.S. Bach or Frank Sinatra) that support President Bush and condemn homosexuality. Their latest collection, "Songs From Beyond 2," has a few .wav files on-line that I converted to .mp3 (so don't say I never did anything for ya!). Linda usually sings lead.
"Hussain's Butt Song" John Lennon says we're gonna kick Saddam you-know-where.
"We Love You Michael" John knows Jacko would never hurt anyone.
"Springtime" Gerald sings this ode to Lennon's widow Yoko Ono.

Unfortunately, Yoko won't allow them to release an album, so most of their songs are unrecorded, though many lyrics are available on their website. Hopefully, one day we'll get to hear "Listen to the Angels/When they talk on election day/They know that Al Gore musn't win."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.

That was like drilling through my hand, looking into the hole and seeing a tiny glimpse of hell.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm going to play these on my radio show, so all of Richmond can hear. You will get all the credit. Or blame.

Mr Fab said...

"That was like drilling through my hand, looking into the hole and seeing a tiny glimpse of hell" Yeah, maybe "New Songs From Hell" would be a better title!

Ming, if I can listen to your show on-line, I'll def. check it out.

Anonymous said...

I didn't see the last comment until after the show. You can check it out Sundays at 9p.m. EDT at www.wrir.org. I gave you a shout out and thanks for the help with this weeks program. I got some calls from folks who were very animated in their defense of John's immortal soul. People can be so touchy.